Friday, June 21, 2013

A Special Friend

I have a dear friend that I have enjoyed getting to know the past year through one of the agencies I've been employed. This friend has been a great encouragement. When I was sad that my friends did not have time for me, she reminded me to be thankful that I had friends at all! She likes to pray and sing. Her favorite types of music are musicals like The Sound of Music, and Mary Poppins. She also likes Laurence Welk.


Sometimes she is stubborn, as we all can be. Sometimes she listens to me, and sometimes… well she likes to be independent and does not like other people telling her what to do.

She has a family that loves her very much, and wants to help her as much as they can. She loves going to see her parents as often as she can. She loves when her sister in law is able to come up from Charlotte to visit.

My friend loves ice cream. Her favorite kind of ice cream is chocolate. And her favorite place to get ice cream is Mayberry’s. This is very nice for me because I like Mayberry’s as well.

My friend wants us to all listen and enjoy the people around us that love to sing and tell stories. I think that is wise and compelling, because not many people feel that they are listened to. And not many people think they are appreciated. Listening well may be one of the best gifts we can offer to anybody.

I love to see the times when my friend has joy in her heart. She listens to others and takes responsibility for living as an independent adult.

What I would like for people to observe about this friend is that every day is a new day to live in a positive way. We all have bad days, but those days do not have to define us. We can learn from them and live in the wisdom that life experiences give us.

I hope that everyone is blessed to have a friend like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment